I've been reading the Gaping Void for a long time...but one of the problems with not picking up blogs on day 1 is that sometimes you miss some of their really good early stuff.
This is a post from 3 years ago on how to be creative. Great words of wisdom. Great examples. And applies to pretty much everyone in any industry.
1. Ignore everybody.
2. The idea doesn't have to be big. It just has to change the world.
3. Put the hours in.
4. If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being "discovered" by some big shot, your plan will probably fail.
5. You are responsible for your own experience.
6. Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten.
7. Keep your day job.
8. Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with companies that champion creativity.
9. Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.
10. The more talented somebody is, the less they need the props.