The Top 5 is my monthly look back at five most popular posts of the month based on stats from Google Analytics. The +1 gives me a chance to highlight a post that I wish had made the top 5, but didn't.
1) US Pet Ownership Statistical Breakdown -- this look at pet ownership statistics was my most popular post for the month.
2) Pit Bull Perceptions -- some new research from Maddies Fund shows that the handler of a dog influences the image of the the dog itself.
3) The costly hysteria about community cat caregivers - In two separate incidents in the Kansas City area, one community cat caregiver was sentenced and fined for feeding outdoor cats and another had surveillance cameras set up (illegally) to catch him feeding cats -- how'd we get to this hysteria about feral cats?
4) Manipulation and justification in Saginaw, MI -- Officials in Saginaw, MI are using statistical data to try to justify their breed-specific requirement. However, almost all of the decrease in dog bites came the year before the law was passed.
5) KC Pet Project opens retail adoption center -- Our group, the KC Pet Project, opened a second adoption location earlier this month as a way to increase adoptions so we can keep up with the steady stream of intake
No +1 this month -- everything I felt was worthy of consideration made the list already -- thanks for reading!